So on Sunday (18th August) I turn the grand old age of 24 and as this song demonstrates it is a terrifying prospect! So I have decided that before I hit my quarter century I should have a year of fun. I have been gathering suggestions from many of my friends and colleagues, and have finally got a list of 25 things I aim to do in the next year. This should ensure my year on the planet will be well spent, exciting and different from the last 24.
So here is the list, and I have from the 18th August 2013 till 17th August 2014 to complete everything on it.
1. Have a media black out month: no facebook, twitter, bbc iPlayer, Netfix, YouTube etc…
2. Lose weight: I would at least like to get into a comfy wee UK size 14.
3. Run a 10K.
4. Go on a proper holiday (with someone who is not a cunt, if this is not available then go on my own).
5. Buy flowers for someone and be bought flowers.
6. Get something published and be paid for it.
7. Write my thesis.
8. Write in my blog for a whole year.
9. Clear overdraft
10. Get a new job and life plan.
11. Visit one new place every month: Could be a new place like a coffee shop, restaurant, village, city, country. Just needs to be something that I have never done before.
12. Become accredited as a Associate Fellow of the Higher Education Academy.
13. Busking in town and then get drunk afterwards.
14. Dress up as a drag king for a night.
15. Cycle 30 miles in one go.
16. Read 12 classic novels: From this List
17. Get grade one on an instrument: perhaps my chanter or something totally new.
18. Get a provisional drivers license.
19. Go to a gym class with Leanne and meet Dom Jackie
20. Shave some of my hair off: I’m thinking a wee undercut?
21. Do NaNoWriMo.
22. Put on a one woman show for my friends.
23. Go to bingo.
24. Go fishing.
25. Knit something of substance: e.g jumper, animal etc