I am very touched to have been awarded a Sunshine Award by Charlotte over at Strictly Holistic. It’s nice to know that someone has been reading my blog and liked it enough to tell me, apart from my mum and Adele who give me feedback on almost every post, Del even considers my posts to be a direct conversation with her and replies to some by text.
Anyway, away from my ramble, thank you Charlotte!!
So here are the questions Charlotte posted and my answers….
1. What is your favourite season and why?
I’ve never been massively attached to any season but this year I am loving autumn. I am enjoying looking at the leaves all turning orange and red and the days getting colder.
2. Do you have a favourite holistic treatment? If so, what is it?
My knowledge of holistic treatments is very limited, however from my limited experience I have found mindfulness very useful. In dealing with depression and stress it has given me a cleaner way of looking at life. If I am stressed I am finding time to take a few deep breaths and think ‘Being stressed is not going to help things’ and I get back on track.
3. Where do you feel most at peace?
My bed is pretty awesome, but I don’t always feel peaceful there. I do feel very peaceful in a bookshop, I love the smell of crisp new books and the quiet chatter of other people among the shelves. Oh! I also generally feel very peaceful in a coffee shops…but this is a rather expensive way to be peaceful.
4. Who is the most inspiring person you know and why?
I am not one of those people who have a huge list of people I admire, however my mother has always inspired and guided me on the path that is right for me. I am also very inspired by my PhD supervisor who has been a fantastic support in the last two years and inspires me with what I can do with my life and my career.
5. What is your favourite creative outlet?
I enjoy writing although some of the things I write are completely rubbish. I do wish I was more ‘arty’ and post-PhD I want to explore my creative side more.
6. Are you a cat or a dog person?
A total cat person, although Hayley is trying to convince me to a more neutral stance.
7. Name a book or film that has moved you….
I have never cried at a movie more than The Notebook, I watched this movie with my flatmates and the three of us spent at least half an hour weeping.
8. What is your favourite quote?
“Leap, and the net will appear” John Burroughs
“Brum…like a shit Herbie” Adele Moore
9. What is the most inspiring place you have visited?
I love churches. Regardless of my past/current/future religious views I think being in a large beautiful church is inspiring. I think churches also bring out a massive sense of community that you can’t find anywhere else.
10. What is the best thing for you about blogging?
I like having an outlet for things that I write and it inspires me to keep writing. I also like using it to look back on things that I have done and how my writing is slowly improving.
Part of accepting the Award is to nominate 10 People, drop them a lovely comment about them being nominated for the Sunshine Award on their Blogs and post their names and the links of their Blogs in your post.
Dear nominees, if you like to accept your Award, this is how you go about it.
1. Include the award logo in a post or on your blog.
2. Link to the person who nominated you.
3. Answer 10 questions about yourself and write 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
4. Nominate 10 bloggers to receive the award. Link your nominees to the post and comment on their blogs, letting them know they have been nominated.
Here are ten people, whose blog posts I really enjoy reading:
The various authors at Nursing Clio
Bryan at Faithworks
Helen, Olly and Martin the Soundman over at Answer Me This who always make me laugh
Becca at Art of Stumbling who has some awesome artwork and poetry
Rachel over at Sapphire Street who makes me very envious of her awesome relief printmaking
The 20-something nurse over at Nurse Eye Roll
Gendermom at Gendermom who writes some really interesting posts that have made me think alot more about transgender issues
and finally Meg at MegKingston who was the municipal liaison at my first Nanowrimo and has some awesome pre-nano posts
So the 10 questions I would like to pose are:
1. What is your guilty pleasure TV show?
2. If I gave you £1000 what would you spend it on? (I’m not going to so don’t get your hopes up!)
3. Where would you most like to visit in the world?
4.Who is your favourite Friends character?
5. If you could have one superpower what would it be?
6. If you could change the ending to one book/movie/tv show what would it be?
7. What is your perfect day?
8. What is your second favourite colour?
9. What is your feeling on moustaches?
10. Apple or Android?
Enjoy guys and thank you again Charlotte x